With spring finally here, there is no time than now to do the official spring cleaning. So throw open the windows and tackle those projects that are usually put off all winter. Spring cleaning your house is a fantastic start for an organized, decluttered, and healthy remainder of 2015!
Organizing Tips (Majormom.com)
- Start small—one drawer, one closet, one room.
- Designate a place for everything and put everything in its place.
- Store like things together.
- Place frequently used items in easily accessible locations.
- Design age appropriate spaces and systems for children.
- Label, label, label!
- In with the new…out with the old! Visit your safe deposit box to organize important documents
- Establish a family communication center in a central location of your home.
- Have an inbox for each family member for items such as mail and schoolwork.
- Involve all family members throughout the organizing process.
Cleaning and Repairing
- Power wash exterior walls, porch, deck, driveways, outdoor furniture.
- Clean gutters, exterior windows, BBQ grill and outdoor furniture
- Clean out refrigerator and freezer
- Clean out garage and/or storage shed
- Reseal grout, countertops, sidewalks, driveways
- Steam clean carpets
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Repair holes, patch, clean and paint walls
- Vacuum baseboards and ceiling fans
- Start this Weekend!!!
This list is not all inclusive just a list of ideas to get you started. Colorado Vault & Safe Deposit Box Co. is a private vault that allows individuals to store valuable items and important documents offsite. Colorado Vault is safe, secure and private.